Another Deer Bed?

 I was walking home from a friend's house when I decided to use Juniper Hill as a shortcut. In addition to shortening my route, I was also planning to find a place to set my trail camera. Almost just after I entered the woods, I started finding thick trails of deer tracks in the snow. Each trail must have had around four deer use it since the storm, judging by the number of tracks. There were two major trails, each parallel, traveling downhill. as they went on, some tracks strayed off, going northwest. As the trails broke up, I decided to follow the ones going northwest. they all converged and intersected underneath a Hemlock tree.

  

I mounted my cam on an adjacent tree. I put the mode to "set". dammit. The battery was at one bar. I guess i'll return when I have a new set of batteries, probably in around a week. I don't want the batteries to explode. I dismanted the cam and left.


I think it's a deer bed. There are spots where they clearly lie down, as the snow is melted in those spots. There are also tracks and turds EVERYWHERE.


Comments

Popular Posts