Raptors On The River

 On the 7th, It was a very cloudy day, with the light but constant precipitation switching repeatedly between snow, rain, and hail. Not good weather. As I walked down Central St, on my way home from school, I noticed a hawk-shaped lump in a tree. I whipped my phone out. It glanced down at me, holding up my phone on the sidewalk, and leaned forward, flapping off into the woods. I frantically spammed the shutter button. The results are what I think are the best Red-Tailed Hawk images I've ever gotten.


I had seen a Red-Tailed Hawk during my lunch break with Jack earlier that day. Maybe I saw the same hawk twice. Here's the photo of the hawk I saw earlier:


While getting closer to the river, I also saw TWO ADULT BALD EAGLES perched in some pines. They were very far away. I ran home to grab my scope. As I returned, a bulldog in someone's yard started barking at me, very loudly. This drew both of their attention, and they made their way downstream. It was an amazing sighting, but this was the best image my phone captured the whole time:

 




Comments

  1. Thanks for sharing these images and creating this blog Aidan! I appreciate your passion, especially at such a young age, and love hearing about what's going on in our back yards!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts