Some Cams Don't Produce

 Today, I left my P40 trail cam at Carol Getchell Reservation. I thought I had found a great spot. It was facing an animal den/burrow near the side of the beaver pond. I didn't think it would be the highlight of the winter, but I thought for sure I'de get some little animal. There actually probably was an animal on it. Whether that was a rabbit, raccoon, squirrel, songbird, or any other animals in the area. However, I wasn't about to check 3,500 photos and videos. Even spamming the next button as fast as i could, it would probably take me almost an hour to get through all of them. The reason I got so many photos was  probably due to a combination of snow blowing from the treetops, and passing cars on Stonebridge Rd. What a stupid mistake. You'de think I would do the smart thing and point it away from the road. I don't think the den was active anyway, because there were no tracks. Usually coyotes and foxes will clear the entrance to an active den in less than 24 hours. Not this one. My guess is that it was abandoned when the trail was made so close to it (less than 10 feet).

 



Comments

Popular Posts