March In The Pine Grove (Trail Camera Footage)

                       MARCH IN THE PINE GROVE

 

The "Pine Grove" is one of my favorite places to put my camera traps. It is home to an active fox den (which clearly doesn't repel the coyotes), raccoons, fishers, and more. The foxes are probably hunting for a litter of kits/cubs, and so are the coyotes. Spring is a time of reproduction. Even the crows are fiercely harassing any raven or owl that enters the forest, in order to protect their hatchlings from nest raids.

I left my Meidase SL122 pro trail camera on a pine tree, which uses infrared flash, instead of a regular flash, in the visible light range so that it won't startle animals, and is completely invisible to our eyes, and the animal's. It is facing a few pieces of raw sausage meat, to attract the carnivores. I was successful. I picked a great spot, which is clearly traveled very often by mammals. The location was around 50 feet from a fox den, and the footage shows their near-den behavior well. I learned a lot from watching these videos over and over. Every time I get new trail camera footage, I end up seeing new parts of the animal's day to day behavior that I never knew happened. I hope you enjoy the results of this set...


                                                           RACCOON PASSES BY  -  03/17       

                                             

                                                     RED FOX COMMUNICATION - 03/19
                                                        Turn up your volume for this one!

                                                               RED FOX DAYTIME  03/19

                                             5 VIDEOS OF AN EASTERN COYOTE - 03/20                                                                              






                                                                        RED FOX - 03/20

...This was the best set I've gotten in awhile, especially with the fox sounds and the coyote that lingered around for so long (4 minutes). I'm very happy with the coyote videos. I hope you guys thought the videos were interesting. Thank's for reading.

Comments

  1. Fabulous work, Aidan! We learn so much from quietly observing nature (and a great camera makes that easier!).

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good work. Like this very much

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts